- Renewed passports (opted for the deluxe version, more room for border stamps & visas).
- Renewed my BC driver’s license, vehicle license plate and obtained an International Driver’s License from B.C.A.A.
- Visited the local health unit to review health risks (by country) and had doctor prescribe recommended antibiotic (Ciprofloxacin), Dukoral for protection from traveler’s diarrhea, and Atovaquone (malaria medicine). At the same time we received our vaccinations for Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Hepatitis A&B.
- Purchased BCAA health insurance for travelling outside of Canada.
- Purchased motorcycle insurance from a New York based company for coverage in all but the following 5 countries: Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize, Nicaragua and Columbia. For these countries we will need to purchase a local liability policy upon entering the country. In all we will have 7 insurance policies for the motorcycle during our 6 month vacation.
- Contacted our banking institutions and notified them of our whereabouts and debit card usage.
Here’s a rundown on our preparations:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
Post a Comment